Endovenous laser , what is it good for ?
Varicose veins is a case of gnarled, enlarged veins, most commonly appearing in the legs and feet.
It’s a common condition in women affecting 2 of every 10 women. Men can suffer from this condition too.
It’s caused by dilated deformed superficial veins ,slowing the natural flow of blood circulation and therefore causing the unaesthetic appearance and swelling.
What’s this treatment about ?
Endovenous laser treats uncomfortable superficial varicose veins.
The Doctor introduces a catheter through the heel or knee to the damaged vein,this catheter contains an optic fiber that will emit laser light that will turn into heat in contact to blood,that heat will cause the vein to shrink and destroy it without causing any tissue or skin damage.
The destroyed vein is then progressively eliminated by your body in 4 to 6 months.
Before the intervention
For better examination,it’s mandatory to make a Doppler venous ultrasound for your legs.
An Electrocardiogram is also necessary to exclude any potential heart problems.
You need to have compression garments that will be worn immediately after the intervention.
The results will only meet your expectations if the instructions are correctly respected.
An additional Doppler ultrasound is necessary at your doctor’s office to mark and highlight the veins to be treated later.
Duration of the intervention
Between 30 and 45 minutes.
A local anesthesia accompanied with a sedation.
The treatment is done in the OR,the patient leaves the hospital the same day.
Side-effects and Complications
The side effects are almost inexistent.
No severe Pain.
- It’s necessary that the patient walks immediately after the procedure
- Patient should wear the contention garments for at least 8 days
- Regular activities are possible the same day,however,physical exercise is allowed after 2 weeks from the intervention.
- A feeling of stretching in your thigh can persist for 2 to 3 days.
- Possible appearance of bruises ,but it’s still rare.
Advantages of endovenous laser treatment
It’s the most efficient and fast way to cure varicose veins.
- No scars
- Few bruises
- Excellent aesthetic results
- Helps you regain your normal activities and comfort